Friday, August 4, 2017

A poem based on Job 24

Melancholy does not define me
He is using it to refine me
This life offers me no security 
It bring much struggle and pain
Because that's leading to maturity
It is all worth it, not all in vain 
He will not forget me like he does the wicked
Because darkness is where they dwell
And quickly the grave snatches them away
Into darkness I may have fell 
But in darkness I will not stay
The wicked vanish in an instant 
Like the foam on the surface of the waves 
Their torment is constant
Even beyond the moment of the grave 
But as depression lasts for years and years
I have a confidence that the wicked do not
His love is greater than all my fears
He is faithful, whatever my lot
The pain is good
Though often misunderstood 
The pain draws me deeper
Closer to my savior
He will not turn his back on my plea
But draws me closer to eternity 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidal wave

When depression comes in waves It doesn’t just crash at my feet It barrels over like a tidal wave And clouds all that I see As it...