Saturday, June 10, 2017

I am a tree

If I take the time to delight in the law of the Lord, to meditate on it at all times by reading it and memorizing and just thinking about his words, truth and commands, then i will be like a tree planted by streams of water. This tree is planted by someone, therefore the place I am was chosen and secure. I have potential to grow and to wither. If my roots are near streams of water, I am healthy and will yield fruit. This water is not stagnant, it is not just the same water that I sit in. This water is flowing, it is constant but changing. Gods word should be constantly running over me so that I can bear fruit. Fruit is a sign of a healthy tree. And the fruit benefits others. It is nourishing to those close by, not just an irrelevant sign. It has purpose for building up the people of God. A growing tree will provide shade and rest for others. And its proximity to flowing water lures people to this stream of life. The fruit comes and goes with season of life. But the tree and the water remain. Prosperity is guaranteed because of closeness and intimacy with my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidal wave

When depression comes in waves It doesn’t just crash at my feet It barrels over like a tidal wave And clouds all that I see As it...