Saturday, June 10, 2017

The pruned tree

I once saw myself as a righteously planted tree
But the Lord looked down and had mercy on me
He saw something greater, a tree, but with flowers
And wanted to refine me, with all his power
So he pruned me
because he knew me
He took away what I once thought was good
And all day long my tears were my food
I learned new words like downcast and despair
And I pleaded with Lord for what I thought was fair
But then i saw what it meant just to trust
That its true when he says he is good, sovereign and just

Now I see what is real
My hope has been refined
Now i know how to feel
And joy has been redefined
I have seen that nothing hinders love
that my strength will never be enough
I am satisfied by what comes from above
Even in the midst of a life that is rough

It started out as a season
Of one day i hoped to be free
But now for some reason
Its become part of me
Its been a great teacher
And beckoned me to come closer
It spoke louder than the preacher
And took away all acts as a poser

I can see much more clearly
And am much quicker to trust
He loves me so dearly
even though I am dust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidal wave

When depression comes in waves It doesn’t just crash at my feet It barrels over like a tidal wave And clouds all that I see As it...