Sunday, July 2, 2017

The voices no one else hears (part 1)

The alarm to take medication went off as she quickly realized she had forgotten. "Do I stay quiet and skip it today or announce it in front of my whole family to turn the car around?" asked FEAR. She sat there and finally spoke up, telling her dad they had to go back. Then the dreaded question was asked, "Whats the medication for?" from someone behind her. "How much should I explain, do they really need to know?" asked SHAME. Her heart sank as she mumbled the word "depression" out loud. "Now they're all thinking that I'm dramatic or have issues or am making it all up" said PRIDE. As they looped back around to the hotel, she hopped out, ran past the bell men, into the elevator, across the hotel, up to the room, grabbed the pill, swallowed it, and sprinted back to same way, into the car, and sat in her seat. " They were probably all talking about me when I was gone" said INSECURITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidal wave

When depression comes in waves It doesn’t just crash at my feet It barrels over like a tidal wave And clouds all that I see As it...