Sunday, August 27, 2017

How to Remember

Sometimes my heart forgets
And gets a bit unsettled
Loses its confidence 
After Satan has meddled
S  t  r  e  t  c  h  e  d things out
Pic   k  ed things apart 
Turned a whisper into a shout 
Ringing in my ears 
No where to run free 
Making me forget I am able
Able to know
Able to see
That it's all just a show
Of the lies within me 
Telling me ,
      convincing me 
            That I am unworthy 
Am I unworthy? 
I think I'm forgetting 
Becoming blind once again 
Jesus help me remember 
Help me see once again
Open my eyes to my worth 
Silence the lies from the dirt 
Send them back to the ruler of the air
Remove their effect on my blank stare 
Calm my unsettled heart
Rescue me from the dark 
You are the one I live for 
There really is nothing more 
           To satisfy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidal wave

When depression comes in waves It doesn’t just crash at my feet It barrels over like a tidal wave And clouds all that I see As it...