Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Gray Daze

Jesus,
Today already seems coated
      a bit gray
just a tint of it
You can see at certain angles
What do i make of it?
Do I lay here and weep?
                       or start to sweep
                       and clean and distract
And try not to act
        Like theres sadness below this smile of mine
Please would you throw
                       out your lifeline
Save me
Keep me from drowning
I see your crown
I know you're king
I will bow down
before everything

you      have     made

you       have       made     me

But left me down here, broken and searching
        stuck in the fears
        drowning in tears
But then looking up and catching a glimpse of your glory
      Even    on   this   morning

The gray doesn't sway what my heart already knows
The fears and the tears, they don't have to go
MY heart has surrendered to you as MY king
So down here I will struggle
But down here I will Praise
Because you have promised an eternity of days
Even when i feel caught in a daze
I can see you from down here
And I remember you have all power to steer
this day back to white, and remove all the gray
"I am with you always", thats all you had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidal wave

When depression comes in waves It doesn’t just crash at my feet It barrels over like a tidal wave And clouds all that I see As it...