Thursday, November 2, 2017

Let me off this ride

I hopped on the train
Unsure of the destination
Unsuspecting of the pain
That swelled up as we left the station 

So I closed my eyes in fear 
I reached out both my hands 
Attempting to grab on and steer
But I realized I had no control 
So I quickly opened my eyes
And looked out at the tracks ahead
Sharp left, sharp right 
Am I on a roller coaster instead?

Up and down, back and forth 
Smile, frown, could there be more?
My triggers bring me to a low
I feel the quick drop 
The ride begins to slow
I wish it would just stop 
But then it’s back up again 
The truth lifts me from the pit 
I’m trecking my way back up again 
Jesus gives me the strength not to quit 
But my heart can only endure for so long 
The ups and the downs, the twists and turns
Like the build and fall in a song
Each level has its own concerns 

Please let me off 
I’m tired of this ride 
Please let it stop 
I feel too much inside 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidal wave

When depression comes in waves It doesn’t just crash at my feet It barrels over like a tidal wave And clouds all that I see As it...